The violent crime must have been committed in the Netherlands. Your nationality (or that of your close relative) is not relevant. You also do not have to live in the Netherlands to be able to file an application. For further information, see our policy manual.

Were you a victim of a violent crime in one of the EU-countries after 1 January 2006? If so, then you can file an application with the Dutch Compensation Fund for a payment from the compensation fund in the country in which you became a victim.